Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Santa Fe, day two


After some great food at Tomasita's last night, and several hours of shopping in an around the plaza, we decided to try the trail again the next morning, this time with Zack, Zoey and myself. We made it about a quarter mile, when we had to turn back (see Zack's entry) My brakes were really loose, so after returning, I borrowed an allen wrench from the guy in the trailer next to me, and after listening for about an hour to a kindly old gentleman explain how America has gone to hell in a hand basket, and no one is willing to work for a living, I had managed to tighten up my front brake considerably, but the back brake was too trashed to fix. The start of the trail consists of a series of 8 inch steps, which I used to be able to ride down with about 90% success rate. After the first step, I squeezed my brakes hard, forgetting that I had just tightened the front one. This effectively turned my bicycle into a trebuchet with me as the projectile.

No comments:

Post a Comment